100 Books, 100 Journeys - a very hearty thanks to her! The award means new-found fame and riches galore. We are patiently waiting for these things to materialize. In order to get them, we have to do the following things: 1
1. Thank the person who gave you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award
Since we have accomplished the first one already, on to the second task. Since we are two people, married to one another, you get the facts on the both of us:
1. The story begins on the humid shores of Lake Grapevine in Texas. We grew up across a lake from each other and met when we were 20 in another state. We married 4 years later after dating for 6 months. It is still going 6 years later.
2. He is a complete nerd. She is a general nerd. We go together like coke and popcorn.
3. He puts one space in between his sentences. She puts two. See if you can stop noticing it now that you know.
4. We aren't very interesting when forced to think about it. When not put to the question, we are highly entertaining people.
5. We desperately want a kitten, but we can't get one because we have allergies so bad we would have to call it Self-Assisting Suicide Kitty. And that's just not a good name.
6. He didn't drink very much when we met, but now is an official tequila snob. She is allergic to alcohol and fears his parents think she is the one who made their son a lush.
7. We have other blogs. We cannot award the Versatile Blogger award to them because it is some form of nepotism; but we can promote them. Check them out: The Reliquiarium and SeldomMade.
For the third part: The winners are:
Freesparrow - our friend who shows off some very creative things. Love her Friday Favourites.
Sleep Talking Man - link to this blog, laugh uproariously, then forget we ever told you about it.
Mab Blab - currently on hiatus, but very funny blogger writing about what comes into her mind.
Dead White Guys - the funniest book blog out there - love her (the way you love people you have never met)
Then We Came to the Blog - a friend of a friend who is now a friend. Great book reviews!
New Dork Review of Books - we are not remotely on his radar, but enjoy his posts immensely.
And the Plot Thickens - reads interesting modern fiction and we like thie header
My Kitchen Addiction - great recipes and photos
The Literary Amnesiac - love her posts about new words she finds in books, she also blogs about movies on another blog (Gorging Myself on Movies)
Isn't that enough for you people? Well, it has to be for now. Those are the ones we like.
Thanks again to Pam over at 100 Books, 100 Journeys.