Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rating System

I have given much reflection to the rating system of our books and have come to the conclusion that I will rate them on a scale from 0 to 7.  Drew has chosen the caffienated beverage rating system (it's first appearance in a blog of this kind), and that is fine with me, but I am not sure where perception and reality blur in this rating system, so I am setting out on my own path.  I figured 1 to 10 was a little too wide a range, 1 to 5 too narrow, and 0 to 7 just right.  After all, 7 is the number of completion. 
So here are my ratings on the previous books.  All future posts regarding specific books will have ratings attached (should I remember to do so).
1.  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Vol. I: 4
2.  Angela's Ashes, by Frank McCourt: 4
3.  Eyes to See, ed. Bret Lott: 1

Wow that last one was pretty harsh...

L

No comments:

Post a Comment